I ended the last post with, “Celebrities are under the microscope too much. This sounds like the beginning of a new post.” Well here it is as promised.
These items are true (or at least reported as being true):
- Jack Osborne likes to wear purple.
- Jaime Pressley had a birthday, barbeque bash at her house last weekend.
- Diddy kept his party guests waiting for over five hours while he caught up on some sleep.
- Lindsay Lohan will testify at her mother’s fraud lawsuit. She is also known to party too much according to her studio.
- Liv Tyler has a big zit on her nose.
Why do we care about these things? Let me rephrase, why do YOU care about these things? I certainly do not. I don’t care if Jennifer Aniston is getting married or getting dumped or even been caught by the Paperazzi TAKING a dump. It just doesn’t matter.
Maybe someone can explain it to me. Do people live vicariously through celebrities? I hope not, because there aren’t too many good stories they are involved in other than the ones screenwriters created for them.
Don’t get me wrong. I am not campaigning for their privacy. If they want to cash in on their celebrity, they have to take the good with the bad. It goes with the territory. I am just not fascinated with Lohan getting blitzed, or Jessica Simpson giving the finger to Nick Lachey’s new love interest (not that she did). I don’t care one way or the other. Why do you?