This week, I thought I would revisit all (or at least 13) of the crushes I had on celebrities while growing up. These kind of crushes are the best because there is no danger. You will NEVER get rejected because your crush will never have the opportunity. I remember thinking that these girls WOULD love me if they just had the chance to get to know me. Because of the obvious barriers, I never had to be . . . well . . . crushed.
In no particular order:
1. Jodie Foster - before she was raped in "The Accused" or feared Hannibal Lecter in "The Silence of the Lambs", Jodie Foster melted my heart in such Walt Disney productions as "Candleshoe" and "Freaky Friday."
2. Kim Richards - of the "Witch Mountain" movies. Can you tell I watched a lot of Disney movies as a kid?
3. Patty Duke - I had crushes in all eras. Thanks to the magic of syndication, age was not a factor. If you were hot and young in the show - even if it was black and white, I loved you! I watched the Patty Duke show religiously on cable.
4. Olivia Newton John - "Grease" was the word and I wanted to get "Physical" (I didn't mean for that to sound as dirty as it did - but I am not editing it, either).
5. Kristy McNichol - Kristy played "Buddy" on this show called "Family". Despite her character's name, I watched.
7. Danika McKeller - Winnie Cooper from "The Wonder Years". Why won't they put THAT show on TV Land?
10. Justine Bateman - Mallory on "Family Ties" I liked her more during the early years. After that she got weird looking so I went elsewhere.
11. Lisa Bonet from the "Cosby Show". She marched to her own beat and I always wanted to be a drummer.
12. Phoebe Cates from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". She was a more sultry and glamorus "Winnie Cooper"!
13. Maureen McCormick from "The Brady Bunch". She was Marcia Brady and I loved, and I mean LOVED everything about her. She was the only Brady kid that could actually sing and she melted my heart with every "Sunshine Day". Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!