I was tagged by Laura and some bizarre blog that copied Laura's post to the letter for this. I don't get it, but I guess I don't need to. I sicked Laura on him/her. However, if immitation is indeed the most sincere form of flattery, Laura can be flattered instead of feeling transgressed.
Here are the rules of the Crazy Eights meme:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I am licensed to teach Government (poli-sci), History, and Psychology in grades 5 - 12).
2. I don't put syrup on my French toast nor do I prepare it in ANY way that makes it sweet. It is an egg food! Do you add sugar to your scrambled eggs for God's sake? If you make it right, it is awesome with a little salt and pepper. If you make it wrong, it will be bland and you are forced to cover it up with stuff like syrup.
3. I still own the first car I ever had. It is a 1970 Dodge Charger. It needs work, but I get asked if I want to sell it at least once a week.
4. I own five vehicles. If you buy my house, I will throw in two (count them) TWO cars.
5. My mother is disabled so I take care of her.
6. I was an adult before I ate a frozen pizza without it being "fixed up" with additional meat, onion, and spices. (Please, I have ALWAYS cooked the thing first).
7. I used to write a weekly column for a professional indoor football (American) league. I thought I was going to get into trouble when I wrote a controversial piece about cheerleaders. However, instead I got complimented for "selling more copy".
8. I am in the middle of writing three novels, two nonfiction pieces, and a children's book. However, I wonder if I will ever finish ANY of them. ;)
Tags: I am going to do something new. I am going to tag eight blogs that I have never read nor do their authors read me. I just want to see if any of them will find out, do it, or at least comment. It is tougher than it sounds. Most of blogs I happen on either are in a foreign language, set up for a particular purpose (soccer, e.g.), or just for family which I don't want to intrude upon.
5. Casa Luna
7. Mayberry Mom
8. I tagged someone else and my browser closed. Now, I can't find it. I did tell her that she was tagged so if I tagged you and you do not see your link here, let me know. You deserve a link after all that.
By the way, I don't recommend doing this for anyone else. It was a pain to find suitable blogs randomly like that.
[I actually got tagged with this recently so I'll just link to it].
Interesting experiment...I'm game. Especially since I usually end up tagging myself~thanks
actually thot your blog was very interesting: will be posting the habits pretty soon.
HAAAAAAAAAAA! I love the two cars thrown in for free if you buy my house part. I got tagged by a few folks a while ago on this and havent posted it yet. I have read alot of other people who have done the post and it is intersting to see how they all vary in terms of how folks write it. (as will mine)
Hi Jeff, I will do your tag and would love to know how you found me lol!
My dad loves old cars too and is buying a new house to fit them all. If I had a Charger I wouldn't be selling it either!
I like your blog and will be back :)
hey Jeff! Best of luck for finishing your novels. I too start quite a few things at the same time and end up having all of them incomplete and then the task to finish seems gigantic!
Big Daddy: Wouldn't you know that the first person I would pick randomly had already participated in this meme. Thanks for playing, anyway. Welcome.
Peggy: Thanks for playing. If you hang out here, you will never worry about having to tag yourself again. This is a tag-happy bunch. Welcome.
Friend of God: Thanks for the kind words about my blog and humoring my and my little meme experiment. You are welcome here anytime. Any friend of God's is a friend of mine. :)
Stepping Over: Well, I GOTTA SELL THAT HOUSE! ;) I look forward to seeing yours (meme, that is, for all you dirty minds out there).
Peta: Thanks and welcome! I am glad you are coming back! Yeah, the Charger doesn't come with the house I am selling. :) However, if your dad keeps needing new houses to store his cars, I got a deal for him! Thanks for playing.
Oh, I found you quite randomly. You know the little header on your blog that says, "Next Blog". At some point, yours and the others' were "next". However, I did have to sift through a lot of "unworthy" blogs to get there. You are worthy! You are worthy! ;)
Random: Thanks. I need the help. I thought the blog thing would help me get into the habit of writing everyday. It has to a point, but it also takes the time that I MAY be spending on my projects. What are you gonna do, eh?
Ahhh... so you're a teacher! :)
#7 - now I so want to read that :)
Hi Jeff, thanks for the tag and for stopping by my blog! I have an idea of how I'm going to do the meme and I will be posting it soon. Good luck selling the house too ;)
Mother Hen: I am qualified to teach, but that isn't my job. The article is really only controversial league insiders. I didn't make fun of cheerleaders or anything like that. :)
Welcome, Mayberry. I was hoping you would participate. Thanks so much.
I think I am the missing blogee, blogger, bloggist, whatever you call it. I'm new to blogging (obviously since you saw my blog) and don't know what tagging is, so I'm not going to tag anybody, but I think I will do the 8 things about me in my next post. Sounds like a fun topic and as you saw, My life is centered around kittens and my etsy shop at the moment, so new topics are definitely in order.
Geelizzie: I think you are, too. Thanks for coming by! Tagging is no big thing. It just means that I want you to do the 8 thing which you are going to do. :) As far you tagging, don't worry about that aspect of it. I am sure some of the folks that hang around here will visit your blog and maybe future taggees for you.
You would cringe at what I did for Alexis one weekend. I made her pain perdue using a little kahlua instead of milk. She loved it;)
I still have to have syrup with mine, sorry. Odd thing is that I love grade B maple with waffles and pancakes but love cheap Aunt Jemima type syrup for pancakes.
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment