- Get out of debt. Does this need an explanation?
- Take care of my family and friends’ problems and upgrade their circumstances.
- Set up a scholarship program for kids in my area. I wouldn’t have any particular criteria that they would have to meet; I would just have them write an essay telling me why they should get it. I would love to see the creativity and the values these kids would submit to me.
- Set up a fund and anonymously give to people who show need (from news stories from TV and newspapers).
- Upgrade my life with new vehicles (the Lord knows we need to) and to a larger house outside of the city with horses and a big area to acquire dogs (I cannot stand shelters that euthanize).
- Move my mother into my house and have someone to look after her medical and sanitary needs daily.
- Move my sister with MS into the best assisted living program. As it is now, she lives in an apartment with one of those “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” buttons.
- I would move my other sister (health problems) into my mother’s house and upgrade everything there for her.
- I would allow my father-in-law to retire early and move to our town (he has planned that after his retirement). I would also buy him an RV because he loves to travel.
- I would pay for my brother-in-law’s college.
- I would earmark a big chunk for my wife’s family’s needs that I am unaware of.
- I would give a percentage of the winnings (probably about 20%) to various ministries (those that help people).
- I would give a monthly prize to the person who thoughtfully (not necessarily kindly - just someone who puts thought into it) comments on my blog the most!
This isn't all I would do. I would certainly invest and make sure my family was taken care of for the future. I also wouldn't quit my job. Time to check my numbers!